INSULATION, AIR BARRIER & VAPOUR BARRIER
Why Spray Foam Insulation (SPF)?
- It acts as a seamless insulation making it more efficient than any other material used in the industry
- SPF is airtight which eliminates all air infiltration or exfiltration, drastically reducing year round HVAC costs – in many cases by as much as 40%
- It is durable and odourless
- It will not settle or shrink, making it stable
- Keeps moisture out - the cause of harmful mold and mildew
- Helps keep insects, rodents, and other pests where they belong - outside
- Provides superior noise insulation
- Because SPF is light and versatile and has strong adhesive properties, it easily fills difficult to reach places and adheres to most clean surfaces
Polyurethane spray foam allows for creation of a seamless, air barrier, that conforms to even the smallest cavities, irregular shapes, and protrusions. Polyurethane spray foam creates an efficient, effective, rigid, and seamless air barrier for any building type. A properly sealed air barrier eliminates expensive heat and cooling loss and dangerous condensation that can lead to mold or wall degradation. Polarfoam PF-7300-0 SOYA exceeds twice the R-value per inch of traditional fiberglass batt, sheeting, or blown insulation.
How it works
SPF is produced by a chemical reaction when two liquid components, isocyanate and polyol resin, are combined. When the two liquids are mixed together a chemical reaction occurs creating rigid or semi-rigid foam. The mixing process takes place in the spray gun into which each liquid flows through a separate hose. The mixed liquid starts to react in seconds, expanding 20 to 30 times its liquid state, and in a matter of seconds it solidifies into polyurethane foam.
View Technical Data Sheet